† Lesson Scripture References
I. Faith In God Turns Fear Into Courage
∑ Fear is a feeling of anxiety: an unpleasant feeling of apprehension or distress caused by the presence or anticipation of danger
∑ Courage is the quality of being brave: the ability to face danger, difficulty, uncertainty, or pain without being overcome by fear or being deflected from a chosen course of action He showed great courage throughout this difficult time.
∑ Hebrews 11:1
- Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
∑ Romans 10:17
- So then faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God.
∑ Joshua 1: 1-11, 15-16
Ė†††††† God gave Joshua a commandment and a promise that took away fear and gave courage.† Joshua passed on the faith he had gained to his people and they caught his courage and acted on it.
∑ 2 Corinthians 32:7
1. We are commanded to have courage. When we act or speak in fear we are in disobedience.
2. The promise that we have more power than the enemy is the substance of our faith (which turns into courage).
∑ Psalm 91: 4-5
1. Godís truth is His word, which gives us faith.
2. Faith in His word protects us. (shield)
3. Faith in His word is what we fight the devil with (buckler).
4. Because we have the shield and buckler, we have nothing to fear and there is no fear in us.